Last updated: 11/15/2022
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
To better provide you with the products and services offered, Illuminate may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
• First and Last Name
• Mailing Address
• E-mail Address
• Phone Number
If you purchase Illuminate’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. We will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Illuminate collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
Illuminate may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Illuminate and its affiliates.
Do We Share Your Information With Third Parties
Illuminate does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Illuminate may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party. Illuminate may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Illuminate, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Illuminate may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Illuminate or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Illuminate; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Illuminate, or the public.
Do We Use Third Party Service Providers?
We use third-party service providers to enhance our services. For more information, review the privacy policies of these providers, which are linked below.
•Acuity (Squarespace) – We use the Acuity scheduling system to schedule consultations.
•Facebook – We advertise with Facebook and use Google Tag Manager on our website to track user behavior and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
•Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to track the traffic on our website to improve the functionality and enhance the user experience.
•Google Tag Manager – We use Google Tag Manager on our website to track user behavior and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising on marketing platforms and social media websites.
•HubSpot – We use HubSpot for real-time marketing automation and secure payment processing. We use Google Tag Manager along with HubSpot to track user behavior and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We use PayPal and Stripe to collect and process payments through HubSpot’s portal.
•LinkedIn – We advertise with LinkedIn and use Google Tag Manager on our website to track user behavior and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
•PayPal – We use PayPal to process and collect payments through HubSpot’s portal.
•Stripe – We use Stripe to process and collect payments through HubSpot’s portal.
In addition to the above list of third-party service providers, we use other providers to run our business, which includes hosting our website, providing email services, and producing audit reports. These providers have access to certain data provided by users of this website and may be located in various locations throughout the world. Any data used by these parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we need for our business operations. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
Opt-Out of Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
In connection with any personal information that we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know:
•The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information. To opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information, contact us.
Do We Track Your Behavior On Our Website?
Illuminate may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Illuminate, to determine what Illuminate services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Illuminate to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Illuminate. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Illuminate website.
The Illuminate website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Illuminate pages, or register with Illuminate site or services, a cookie helps Illuminate to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Illuminate website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Illuminate features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Illuminate services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Illuminate secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Illuminate uses the following methods for this purpose:
• SSL Protocol – When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Do Not Track
Illuminate currently does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals in web browsers because no DNT standard has been adopted. The DNT concept has been promoted by regulatory authorities, including the USA’s Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”), to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing Internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites. Various browsers offer a DNT option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header that sends a signal to websites about the user’s DNT preference. You can usually access your browser’s DNT option in your browser’s settings.
The World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) has been working with industry groups, Internet browsers, technology companies, and regulators to develop a DNT technology standard. While some progress has been made, no standard has been adopted.
Your Privacy Rights
Illuminate is committed to protecting your privacy. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following rights:
• The right to know – You have the right to know about the personal information a business collects about you and how it is used and shared.
• The right to delete – You have the right to delete personal information collected from you (with some exceptions).
• The right to opt-out – You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
• The right to non-discrimination – You have the right to non-discrimination for exercising your privacy rights.
• The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
• The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Illuminate correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Illuminate to complete information you believe is incomplete.
• The right to erasure (the right to be forgotten) – You have the right to request that Illuminate erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
• The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Illuminate restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
• The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Illuminate ‘s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
• The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Illuminate transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
• The right not to be subject to a decision that is based solely on automated processing – You have the right not to be subject to a decision by Illuminate that is based solely on automated processing. However, there are some exceptions to this rule, such as when you give your explicit consent to the automated decision.
• The right to restrict use of sensitive personal information – You may request to limit the use and disclosure of your sensitive data for specific secondary purposes, including disclosure to third parties. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other relevant authority.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Illuminate does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, Illuminate may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. To improve our services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Illuminate or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Illuminate, you may opt out of such communications by submitting a request. To opt out of Illuminate’s email communications, contact us.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe from Third Party Communications
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from third-party partners of Illuminate by contacting us. To opt out of third-party communications, contact us.
Changes to this Statement
Illuminate PR LLC dba Illuminate PR & Marketing Agency
1680 Fruitville Rd Suite 211
Sarasota, Florida 34233
Effective as of November 15, 2022